I have been getting worried with Peyton not really talking. The only things she would say by a year old were "dant du"-thank you, "hi", and "dada". But mostly just the thank you and hardly ever of the other words. She is now almost 17 months old and the whole time she wasn't saying anything else at all, until recently :) She now says "thank you", "hi" while waving, "dada" whenever Tairel gets home, "eat" but sounds more like et instead of eet, "baby" when looking for her doll. "froggy", or she is attempting to. No "mama" which makes me a little sad but I am just so happy she is trying to say more words. I was worried, and still am a little, depending on how much more she tries to say, that she was going to have to do speech therapy. Keep your fingers crossed that she will continue to try to learn more words :)
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I remember feeling the same way about Lincoln and as soon as he started saying 6 or more words he just took off and was doing sentences. I did a lot of signing with him and that helped him feel confident about the words and objects he knew. Give her lots of praise for talking and I'm sure she'll surprise you with some more words. She's super cute Allison!
:)Val
Post a Comment