Monday, June 1, 2009

Goodbye crib

Tairel and I have been trying to think of ways to get Peyton out of her crib and into a toddler bed. I attempted 2 nights of just sitting in the room with her at night until she fell asleep. That did NOT go well. She stayed up until almost midnight both nights and I was exhausted. She also just fell asleep on the floor and would wake up, cry and get out of her bed if I tried putting her in it. So, last night, we decided no one should be in the room with her. We took the crib out completely, took toys out, left her in her room by herself. She cried for quite a while. Then when she was quiet we went in, she was asleep in her closet. Tairel put her in her bed and left. She ended up staying there and slept in her bed the entire night and woke up at 7 this morning. Right now, she is taking a nap. Same thing, just left her in there, she cried 5 minutes and I just went and checked on her and she is in her bed :) yay!

3 comments:

Valeri Crockett said...

Good work!!!!

Johnny and Anny said...

Hola Alli! I was so excited to see a message from you! Your little family is adorable, and I think the last time I saw you was at Heidi's wedding and you were expecting! I hope all is well, it sounds like you're great parents...good luck with the toddler bed transition (I've yet to do this:).

Alli said...

We have mastered the toddler bed transition. Was way easier with her than we thought it was going to be. Now, she gets in her bed and says "bye" to me before I even leave the room :) We will definitely have to keep in touch!